You're Invited: JAWC, AASD, and Ghana Presents Decolonizing the (Un)Commonwealth with Dr. Michael Williams, Dr. Sangeetha Madhavan, and Dr. George Kintiba
Judge AW Center Hosts Fourth Annual Lecture on Ethics: "Health Equity: At the Nexus of Science and Social Justice" with Dr. Joseph L. Wright
Recap of The JAW Center 3rd Annual Lecture: "More than the Worst:" Wrongful Convictions, Mass Incarceration, and the Challenges Ahead
The Justice Thurgood Marshall Center at P.S. 103 is Officially Under Renovation and will Become a Second Space for the Center's Initiatives
News & Events
JAWC, AASD, and Ghana Presents Decolonizing the (Un)Commonwealth with Dr. Michael Williams, Dr. Sangeetha Madhavan, and Dr. George Kintiba
On Wednesday, October 5, 2022 from 4:00pm-6:00pm, the Judge Alexander Williams Jr.
Judge AW Center Fourth Annual Lecture: "Health Equity: At the Nexus of Science and Social Justice" with Joseph L. Wright
Health Equity: At the Nexus of Science and Social Justice “Addressing disparities necessarily requires dismantling the structural barriers that have disproportionately impacted health outcomes in historically marginalized and minoritized communities.” - Joseph L. Wright
Maryland has an incarceration rate of 531 per 100,000 people (including prisons, jails, immigration detention, and juvenile justice facilities), meaning that it locks up a higher percentage of its people than almost any democracy on earth. Read on to learn more about who is incarcerated in Maryland and why.
April 26 (Reuters) - Harvard University is setting aside $100 million for an endowment fund and other measures to close the educational, social and economic gaps that are legacies of slavery and racism, according to an email the university’s president sent to all students, faculty and staff on Tuesday.
Items of Interest
- Racial Disparities in the COVID-19 Pandemic
- African American Studies Department Magazine Issue
- RACE: Are We So Different
- White House Black History Month: Mental Health and Wellness in the Black Community
- City Health Examines Key Social Indicators of Health in 500 Cities across the U.S.
- Perception Institute Inspires People to Live Their Values.
- "Locking Up Our Own: Crime and Punishment in Black America" by James Forman, Jr.
- What Reparations for Slavery Might Look Like in 2019 | The New York Times