"Where you see wrong or inequality or injustice, speak out, because this is your country. This is your democracy. Make it. Protect it. Pass it on". — Justice Thurgood Marshall (1908-1993)
REGISTER NOW | Third Annual Hon. Judge Alexander Williams, Jr. Lecture | Thursday, November 11, 2021
The Life's BluePrint Project: "This is a most important and crucial period in your lives. For what you do now and what you decide now at this age may well determine which way your life shall go" —Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., October 26, 1967
News & Events
The System Only Worked Because It Was Pushed The most surprising aspect of the trial of Ahmaud Arbery’s killers is not the verdict, but the fact that it happened at all. By Adam Serwer
“Why Do People of Color Have to Go to Extremes to Save their Kids?” A Conversation with Joseph Richardson
“Why Do People of Color Have to Go to Extremes to Save their Kids?” A Conversation with Joseph Richardson By Greg Berman
July 2 is now Thurgood Marshall Day in Maryland. With proclamations from Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott and Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, July 2, Marshall’s birthday, will now honor the Baltimore native and first African American justice on the Supreme Court.
The $8 million conversion of a historic elementary school in West Baltimore into a community hub is finally moving forward.
Items of Interest
- Black Students at Public Colleges and Universities: A 50-State Report Card | USC Race and Equity Center
- Judge Williams selected to chair Legislative Commission investigating the circumstances
- Reform Redistricting
- Judge Williams: Hogan has made excellent appointments to the bench
- City Health Examines Key Social Indicators of Health in 500 Cities across the U.S.
- RACE: Are We So Different
- Perception Institute Inspires People to Live Their Values.
- The National Equity Atlas - Resources